MGM Grand Hotel & Casino is the official host venue for Hexagon 2012.
2. Are hotel room charges included in registration costs?
Hotel charges are NOT included in registration costs.
3. How do I make hotel room reservations/modifications?
Visit the hotel section.
5. Does Hexagon offer a group discount on registration?
Yes. Hexagon offers a Group Registration Program that provides great savings for organisations sending 6 or more people. Learn more about the Group Registration Program.
6. What methods of payment do you accept for registration?
We accept credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover). Purchase orders, checks and wire transfers are accepted only until six weeks before the conference. Your conference registration is NOT complete until we have received payment. Only credit cards are accepted during on-site registration. View our payment page for more details.
7. Will there be language translation services at the conference?
English is the official language of the conference. Hexagon is unable to provide translation services for conference attendees.
8. Are meals provided at the conference?
The following meals will be provided at Hexagon 2012:
- Monday, 4 June: Lunch will be provided for paid training attendees only. Evening hors d’oeuvres will be provided for all conference attendees.
- Tuesday, 5 June: Breakfast, lunch and evening hors d’oeuvres
- Wednesday, 6 June: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Thursday, 7 June: Breakfast and lunch
9. What should I wear at conference events?
Business casual clothing is recommended for all conference sessions and social events. Las Vegas’ weather is typically very warm in June, ranging from a high of 100 F (38 C) to a low of 69 F (21 C) degrees.
10. How can I obtain visa support information?
View our visa section for Hexagon's visa-related procedures.
11. Can you supply a justification letter to encourage my manager to support my attendance?
Yes. View and download a sample justification letter.
12. Will Internet access be available at the conference?
Yes. Hexagon will provide wireless (Wi-Fi) Internet access, and connection instructions will be available on-site.
13. Do hotel rooms at MGM Grand have Internet access?
All MGM Grand accommodations offer complimentary in-room, high-speed Internet access.
14. How can I contact the registration help desk?
See telephone and email address information and schedule.
15. How much does a hotel room night cost?
Hexagon has negotiated room reservation rates of US$129 per night for single/double occupancy (plus 12 per cent tax) for a standard room at MGM Grand and $139 per night (plus a $20 room fee/night) for a studio suite at The Signature at MGM Grand. A charge of US$35 will be added for each guest over double occupancy with a maximum of four guests per room. There is no additional charge for children 12 years of age or younger occupying the same room.
16. Is there parking available at MGM Grand?
For your convenience, MGM Grand offers free self-parking in the Main Parking Garage, as well as valet parking. Oversize vehicle parking is also available for hotel guests.
17. What are the hotel check-in and check-out times?
MGM Grand’s standard check-in time is 3 p.m. However, you may process your check-in upon arrival and store your luggage at the Bell Desk until your room is prepared. Your rooms are guaranteed to be ready anytime after 3 p.m. Standard check-out time is 11 a.m. Please note that late check-out requests are based upon occupancy and availability on the date of departure. Additional charges may apply.
18. Is there shuttle/taxi service available to and from McCarran International Airport?
A variety of shuttle and limousine services is available at McCarran International Airport. Shuttles and limousines are located on the west side of baggage claim, outside door exits 7-13. Taxis can be found on the east side of the baggage claim area, outside door exits 1-4. The approximate cost for a one-way taxi to MGM Grand is $15 for up to five people.
19. What is included in daily registration?
Daily registration includes access to ALL daily activities held on that day, including break-out sessions, complimentary training workshops, TechExpo, other exhibits, social functions and conference-sponsored meals. Additional sign-up for paid hands-on workshops is required. Hotel room is NOT included in the registration price and must be purchased separately.
20. Can my spouse/guest attend and what can they do?
Yes, spouse/guest registration is available. Due to the business environment and evening events, guest registration is limited to adults 21 years of age and older. This entitles the guest access to the welcome reception, Hexagon keynotes, general session entertainment, TechExpo, other exhibits and conference-sponsored meals. Access to break-out sessions and training workshops is NOT allowed. Only ONE guest/spouse is allowed per conference registration.
21. What is included in full conference registration?
Full conference registration includes access to the welcome reception, Hexagon keynotes, general session entertainment, break-out sessions, complimentary hands-on training workshops, TechExpo, other exhibits, social functions and conference-sponsored meals. Additional sign-up for paid hands-on training workshops is required. Hotel room is NOT included in the registration price and must be purchased separately.
22. Can my spouse/guest attend ONLY evening events?
Yes, you can purchase evening entertainment tickets when you register online. Due to the business environment and evening events, guest registration is limited to adults 21 years of age and older.
23. I have registered but can't recall my username and/or password to log into my account. How do I recover my username and/or password?
Visit the registration portal and enter your email address. Click on "Continue" to have your username and password emailed to you. You may also contact us at email@example.com if you do not have access to the email account anymore.
24. Can I register on-site at the conference?
Yes. On-site registration location and time will be available closer to the conference start date.
25. I am registered for the conference. How do I go about getting my badge and conference agenda?
You can pick up your Hexagon 2012 badge and materials starting on 3 June at 1 p.m. from the badge pickup/on-site registration area. Badge pickup schedule and location will be available closer to the conference start date.
26. Where do I get help on-site?
If you have a question during Hexagon 2012 or need help navigating the conference area, visit the conference information desk.
27. As a speaker, should I report anywhere on-site before my sessions?
If you are a speaker, proceed to the Hexagon speaker room AFTER you pick up your badge from the badge pickup area. The speaker room is open during the same hours as the registration desk all week. The speaker room schedule and location will be available closer to the conference start date.